Gluten-Free Chocolate Lava Cake
(makes 4 servings in ramekins)
One of my favorite fancy but easy gluten-free baked treats. Impress your friends, your loved ones, and yourself with these delectable cakes.
4 T coconut or sunflower oil
5 oz dark chocolate
2 eggs and 2 additional egg yolks
1/4 c coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 T almond, sorghum or brown rice flour
1/8 tsp xanthan gum
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 T cocoa powder
1) Melt oil and chocolate in double boiler on med/low heat. Once melted and mixed, set aside and allow to cool to room temp.
2) Mix eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a separate mixing bowl. Whisk in oil/chocolate mixture.
3) Mix flour, xanthan, salt, and cocoa powder together and then add to wet mixture. Pour into lightly oiled ramekins and fill each 3/4 of the way full.
4) Place ramekins in a pyrex casserole dish and fill pyrex dish with water so that the water reaches half way up ramekins.
5) Place pyrex with ramekins in it on the bottom rack of oven and bake at 425 degrees until the tops of the cakes are set and just beginning to pull away from the sides of the ramekins, about 13-15 minutes.
6) Enjoy this delicious, fancy treat!